The Aeonium ‘Garnet’ is a succulent that adds rich color to any xeriscape garden. When I recently wandered through a local nursery, I noticed the above plant and was drawn to its color. This plant is easy to grow, and is very drought tolerant. I previously posted about an Aeonium that was given to me by friends, see it here.
Below is a photo of another Aeonium from my garden. you can see that this succulent variety comes in many colors.
Below I have included some information on plant care for the Aeonium. Please take a look
- In Summer plants like lots of light, but partial shade. Protect from full sun.
- They like well draining soil.
- Plants can be in the ground or in containers.
- Plants in a container need more water than those in the ground, but be careful not to over-water.
- They are hardy in zones 9-11, so in colder areas plants should be brought inside during the winter.
- Plants can be kept as houseplants, but need lots of light.I hope this has been helpful and you might give some of these lovely plants a place in your home and or garden.